cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach to Chrome extension 7.1.2.3518 only works once

ThomasKucera
Level 3

I want to attach to an already running Chrome. This instance has the BP 7.1.2.3518 extension installed.

After a reboot of the server the attach to Chrome works immediately (I do these steps in the studio - but the same when run through control room). When the process finish I wait 5 minutes.

Now I process the exact same steps. At the Attach action BP fails (after the timeout is reached)
The Attach is done with WindowTitle set to "*order*" (order is in the title of the open browser) and the ChildIndex set to 0. In this case this is the output of BP:35372.png

When I change the value of WindowTitle to "*hello*" (hello is NOT in the title of the open browser) then the Attach behaves normal. Immediately it tells that such a browser window is not available - which is what I expect. 

This leads to the following conclusion:
1. If Attach finds no appropriate browser it behaves correct
2. If Attach finds an appropriate browser it tries to connect ... and there it fails 😞

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

SonamSharma
Staff
Staff

A workaround for this scenario is to launch the application using "Start Process" action of Utility- Genral, then use "Sleep" action and at last try attaching.

Sonam Sharma Manager, Blue Prism SS&C

ThomasKucera
Level 3

Of course I have a sleep retry (3 three times) around the attach. This does not help 😞

SahilChankotra
Level 4

Hello Thomas,

Are you facing this same issue in all machines?

ThomasKucera
Level 3

@SahilChankotra  good point. We have two machines
1 is a Windows Server 2016 Datacenter machine
2 is a Windows 10 Pro machine

On machine 1 it fails
On machine 2 it works

Riddle gets more complicated 😞