cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching an application

sarthak_86
Level 4

I am working on a web-based application + windows application. My workflow is like that: Firstly the work is done on the web application and after on button click, the windows application is opened. When I manually try to attach it, I am successful, but when I run through the process studio it shows the error of Not Connected.
When I am applying static wait, it is working. 
But I want to know how to apply the dynamic wait for that or if the static wait is to be applied, then what timeout is to be chosen such that it runs on all debug speeds.

------------------------------
Sarthak Dhasmana
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Carl__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Sarthak,

Obviously, we should chose to use intelligent wait stages wherever possible, however in your use case, this could potentially throw a not connected exception during the time from clicking the button, to the time that the application is available.

To get around this, you can use either of the 'Wait for Process' or 'Wait for Process Window' Actions which can be found in the 'Utility - Environment'. You need to provide the name of the Windows process which the application is associated with; you can get this information from Windows Task Manager.

Both of these actions act in a similar way to an intelligent wait stage, without the need to be connected to the application before using them.

Hope this helps.

Carl Carter
Developer Program Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Carl__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Sarthak,

Obviously, we should chose to use intelligent wait stages wherever possible, however in your use case, this could potentially throw a not connected exception during the time from clicking the button, to the time that the application is available.

To get around this, you can use either of the 'Wait for Process' or 'Wait for Process Window' Actions which can be found in the 'Utility - Environment'. You need to provide the name of the Windows process which the application is associated with; you can get this information from Windows Task Manager.

Both of these actions act in a similar way to an intelligent wait stage, without the need to be connected to the application before using them.

Hope this helps.

Carl Carter
Developer Program Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Thanks, it worked for me.

Sarthak Dhasmana