cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication issue in "ServiceNow Incident management" Skill

ArchitAgrawal
Level 3

Hi Team,

I tried following heh same steps for "ServiceNow Incident Management " Skill available in Digital Exchange  but it's giving me 401 authentication error.

Error message : "HTTP Response Content: {"error":{"message":"User Not Authenticated","detail":"Required to provide Auth information"},"status":"failure"}"

I already setup credentials which I am using for my ServiceNow instance.

Can you help me on this?

Thanks and Regards,

Archit

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ArchitAgrawal
Level 3
Hi Zachary,

Finally I am able to make it using attachment API. I added new action in existing skill. PFB detail for your reference.

Parameters configured in new action :
36320.png
POST request configuration to add attachment with form data:
36321.pngHeaders configuration for request :
36322.png
Note : Header values can be parameterized to apply dynamic values.

Thanks for your guidance towards the right direction.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ZacharyToner1
Level 2

Couple of follow up questions:

1. What version of ServiceNow are you running?

2. Is your ServiceNow ID (creds) API enabled?

For reference here a few links 

https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/paris-application-development/page/integrate/inbound-rest/concept/account-api.html#account-api

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=385&MessageKey=9704776a-0f15-4b99-883a-f8ab7a1aacbd&CommunityKey=1e516cfe-4d1f-4de9-a9eb-58d15bf38c81&tab=dig...;

Which the last appeared you asked the same question on here in a new thread.

ArchitAgrawal
Level 3

Hi Zachary,

It was a password issue. I learned it hard way. It's now up and running.

I have one more query if you can help me on this.

I need to send file along with body parameters in one of my POST API call. Not sure if I can use the same skill to accomplish this.

Can you please help me on this ? 

ZacharyToner1
Level 2

I'm more familiar with the ServiceNow API than Blue Prism's skills that are built (most of our VBO's are manually built to ensure we have scale.) With that being said, it appears you cannot do that within the same skill. Below is a good example of the attachment API and how you need to separate the two functions. So, with BP's skill, you would need to use the particular request Eg. INC and then use the POST endpoint to then send over the file. 

https://developer.servicenow.com/dev.do#!/reference/api/orlando/rest/c_AttachmentAPI#r_AttachmentAPI-POST ;

Overall, I'm able scale so I would make separate variables and call upon those upon need. Creating the individual objects with your creds also listed out as another variable so when someone leaves or you have a problem with a Service Account password that expires even though it's not supposed too, you can migrate on the fly based upon your error Eg 401 you had. Just loop the variables to the next having a backup ID made. Within the WebAPI object, make sure to put those variables and also list out your functions as $ for the collection. Much luck has been had scaling with these features built out. 

Let me know if that helps on the topic. 

ArchitAgrawal
Level 3
Hi Zachary,

Finally I am able to make it using attachment API. I added new action in existing skill. PFB detail for your reference.

Parameters configured in new action :
36320.png
POST request configuration to add attachment with form data:
36321.pngHeaders configuration for request :
36322.png
Note : Header values can be parameterized to apply dynamic values.

Thanks for your guidance towards the right direction.