cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically set exception on session end

Carol.Ouellet
Level 5
Hello, I have usually seen 'Automatically set exception on clean up' but never on session end. I could not find any explanation anywhere. Anyone knows the difference ?
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Carol - that exception is the value given to any queue item the process has locked when the process finishes (completed/terminated/stopped). Basically the process ends and it is still 'holding' a queue item, it does not know what to do with the item, so applies a default exception reason. Usually it is the design of the exception handling in the process that causes this. Check to see how/where your process could fail while it is holding a queue item.

Carol.Ouellet
Level 5
Hi John Thanks for the answer, although I have the impression this applies to 'Automatically set exception on clean up'. Why do we have 2 exception reason in case of unhandled exceptions? Why does 'Automatically set exception on session end' even exist then? thanks

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I've only ever known 'Automatically set exception on clean up', are you sure 'Automatically set exception on session end' isn't being applied by your process? Maybe it's a recent introduction that I'm not aware of, but regardless it means the same thing - the process design needs improvement so that queue items are handled gracefully in the event of an unexpected termination.