cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOX API Upload

matthew.cable
Level 5

Hi 

Please can I have some assistance with regards to uploading a document to Box via an API.

Currently our API's go through Mulesoft, I have managed to create API's in Blue Prism to Search, Delete Folder, Delete File, Get folders etc... However I can get the Document Upload request to work.
This is working in Postman, but I am unsure how to move this into Blue Prism. We are using Basic Access which works fine.

I have done all of it so far via Web API Services and would like to keep the upload in that part also

I have attached a file with what postman looks like and from BOX what they require.

Thank you

------------------------------
Matthew Cable
Consultant
Zurich
Europe/London
39 REPLIES 39

HI @GeoffHirst 

Thank you for the help, please see screen shot below for the full list of errors.

I can also confirm on the initialise page it is version 10.0.1
22539.png
22540.png

Matthew Cable
Consultant
Zurich
Europe/London

Matthew,

This is indeed very strange. I cannot replicate what you are seeing at all. So, can you report back to me what version of the net framework you have installed?

regards

Geoff Hirst
Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA
SS&C Blue Prism
Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism

@GeoffHirst 
I hope this is correct

22577.png

Matthew Cable
Consultant
Zurich
Europe/London

Hi Matthew,

What we need to establish is what verion of the Net 4 framework do you have. Sorry for not explaining that better earlier.

If you take a look at the following page this will show you how to determine what you have installed. We are operating on 4.8 or better now and I am hoping this is the issue you have.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

There is a powershell script and also more information on using the registry. I personally like the powershell script as if you compare it with the version numbers provided on the table in the supplied page, you can determine exactly the version you have installed.

Let me know how you get on.

regards

Geoff Hirst
Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA
SS&C Blue Prism
Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism

Hi @GeoffHirst 
Please see below outcome

Thank you

22617.png

Matthew Cable
Consultant
Zurich
Europe/London

@Matthew Cable@GeoffHirst

I've stood up a v6.7.3 instance to test the VBOs. With that release I can recreate the errors Matthew is seeing. The problem here comes down to that version of Blue Prism using an older release of the .NET Framework (it targets 4.7) and most likely older versions of the various .NET and Newtonsoft libraries installed with Blue Prism. The takeaway here is that the newer VBOs are not going to work for Matthew on that version of Blue Prism.

Matthew - I can try implementing your specific action in a Web API and see if I can get it to work with my Box account. If so, you should be able to just copy my template.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

@Matthew Cable@GeoffHirst

This is a C# version issue. I stood up a v6.7.3 instance and tested both VBOs. I see the same compiler errors Matthew is seeing. The takeaway here is that unless you want to upgrade your Blue Prism environment, you won't be able to use these newer VBOs.

With that said, we'll take a shot at implementing the action you need in a Web API and see if we can make it work with Box. If so, you should be able to just copy the template.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

@ewilson 

I am trying via HTTP, the BOX API has a lot of compile errors so I am attempting just in my HTTP VBO and not using the box one.

However I have 1 compile error in HTTP Request Multipart, please see below

Thank you

22689.png

Matthew Cable
Consultant
Zurich
Europe/London

Hi @Matthew Cable

That's interesting as my VBO shows the only reference to MimeMapping on line #113. Is this what your code looks like?

22735.png

I thought your original post mentioned that you were doing this with Web API?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @ewilson 

I am using the Web API which is what I would like us to carry on using, i thought you mentioned to try in the HTTP as well which is what I have attempted today.

Below is the code
22758.png

22759.png

Matthew Cable
Consultant
Zurich
Europe/London