cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP 6.5.1 - Issue with Completion/Exception Report Generation - Missing data

Stanley_Kien-Yi
Level 2
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same or similar issue which I have been facing within Blueprism 6.5.1 ENV or just in general and if so, if there was anyway to resolve the problem. This post may get a bit long so please bear with me as I've compiled as much information as I can on the issue.

Here is just a bit of background on how my process works: The business sends in emails throughout the day with an excel file attached which the process then picks up and actions on. Once the process finishes the required action, it updates the Data Item by using Set Data action with a few additional details and marks the items as Complete/Exception, the process then generates an output Completion/Exception report that gets sent back.

It is during this report generation process where I am facing some issues as my process is not setting all the data into the excel as it should. From what you'll see in the screenshots attached, the report generation will be doing a few things as listed below:

- A calculation stage is set to help it determine a Start and End Time which the process will use to grab the Completed and Exception Items from Queue. For the 1st batch of items, it will always set Start Time at 12:00 AM and End time will be set to Now(). For any future reports, it will use the previous End Time to get the next set of Completed/Exception Items and so on.
-The process then loops through the Completed and Exception Data items and puts them into their own separate collection
- Process opens back up the Excel input file which it initially loaded into the queue and feeds it into a collection (Lets call it Input Collection)
- It then loops through the Input Collection and Completion/Exception Collection to match a certain set of data to see if the current Collection row is something which it had worked on. If the data matches, it overwrites by using a Multi-Calc onto the current Input Collection row and replaces it with the Completion/Exception Data set which has updated details.
-Once it loops through both the Completion and Exception Collection, it then pastes the newly modified Input Collection onto an excel and saves it.

The main problem which I am encountering is that, 90% of the time, the process fails to set the last data collection row from the Completed Collection and so when it pastes the collection into excel, the last item is usually not updated.

To make matters worse, this issue tends to occur only when we set the Session Logging off or Session Logs to Report Errors only. Whenever the process has Session Logging turned on, then the actions which we have set for it all work correctly with no problems.

Attached are some screenshots of how the process has been built for the Generate Report. Also, there is an example of one of the input files and how it would then look when the outlook report is generated. The row highlighted in yellow within the output screenshot is an example of what is happening where the process doesn't seem to register or set the item even though on Blue Prism, the item has been actioned on and completed.

1 REPLY 1

JerinJose
Level 10
Hi Stanley,

Looks like you were able to isolate the issue and have steps to reproduce them. it will be better to raise a Support ticket with BP and let the Professional services team take a look at your implementation.