cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Auto Deployment Cookbook BP-GIT-Jenkins

AshishEasow
Staff
Staff
In the past few years, I have been involved in several ROM Assessments for Customers.
In many cases, I have observed that most of the Release management activities are done manually either by the support team or with the developer's assistance. This kind of deployment leaves a loophole which is a red flag during audits with the possibility of unwanted problems later for large production changes like upgrades.
This got me thinking to my old SOA deployment days where we corrected this problem with Jenkins Auto deployment using GIT as the code repository. We also had a pipeline implemented for approvals to higher environments. Recalling that, I worked on a demo for a similar implementation for Blue Prism.

Adding the guide with a few notes as an attachment to this post. 

Hope it helps .

------------------------------
Ashish Easow
Senior Consultant - Professional Services
Blueprism

4 REPLIES 4

DaveMorris
Level 14
Thanks, Ashish! Good stuff!

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

AliaksandrSauch
Level 2
Hi, Ashish. Nice demo.
I'm have one question: What about errors from console while import process/object/release to Blue Prism server? How can we track it? How to notify administrators about Ecxeption?
Thanks,

Aliaksandr Sauchanka
RPA
EY Digital
Europe/Minsk
+375255262570

SteveWaters
Staff
Staff
Well done Ashish!!  I encourage all customers to adopt this methodology. 

Steve Waters
Platform Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services
America/Chicago

Hi Aliaksandr, 

thanks, the guide I attached is very basic for which a free flow project was used. 
Jenkins does detect when a build fails (expired password or wrong version of BP) in my system, so I assume detecting whether the build is a success or failure might not be a problem.

The main problem would be getting a detailed error from the command line running and pass it on to the next stage which is the interface to the release manager/admin, for which you would need to use a pipeline project in Jenkins. I haven't explored to that detail yet.

Ashish Easow
Senior Consultant - Professional Services
Blueprism
Asia/Kolkata