cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Release

AmadorYranon
Level 3
Hi Everyone,

I have few release packages that I wrote in BP v6.2.1.  These are deployed in the production with my previous employer.  

Since I have not touched BP in almost a year, i am trying to refresh myself, and thought that maybe faster for me to recall BP by looking and reading at my previous codes.  However, when I import the packages I am getting the following error.  My current version is BP Learning Edition v6.7.1.

Is this because BP has no upward compatibility?
31388.png

------------------------------
Amador Yranon
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Amador.

BP is backward compatible generally with a few exceptions which are noted in the release notes. Looking at the 6.7.1 release notes, there is nothing specific being called out about 6.2.1 to 6.71.

I did find an interesting thread in the community that I believe will be helpful. Please check it out and let us know if you were able to resolve.

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=b366ebf5-1aa9-4edd-b982-a9a06e3315ab&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=digestviewer#bm...

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Amador.

BP is backward compatible generally with a few exceptions which are noted in the release notes. Looking at the 6.7.1 release notes, there is nothing specific being called out about 6.2.1 to 6.71.

I did find an interesting thread in the community that I believe will be helpful. Please check it out and let us know if you were able to resolve.

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=b366ebf5-1aa9-4edd-b982-a9a06e3315ab&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=digestviewer#bm...

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

HI Jack,

Thanks for your response.  I suspect, my release files are encrypted in sophos/bitlocker when I used my portable drive to backup files when I brought my corporate laptop for repair.  

Amador Yranon