cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Upgrades

KevinMckenna
Level 3

Hi all

Would like some views on BP software upgrades; more specifically timescales.

I'm trying to provision the IT/Infra resource required to perform BP upgrade (v6.10.1 to v7), and would like peoples views on how long generally this task should take a competent IT dept.

Any information/opinions from your experiences would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Kevin

------------------------------
Kevin Mckenna
Transformation Operations Manager
BNP Paribas
Europe/London
1 REPLY 1

Hi Kevin

In my experience the whole task is not a lot of work but it will depend on the number of machines you require to upgrade unless you are using a root vdi to update it which the other vdi's are then updated automatically. There are only a few tasks involved and BP will take care of most of the work for you, you will need to upgrade the BP servers Dev/UAT/Prod and you will need to upgrade the application on the client machines and the resource machines. On the client machines you will need to update the BP database but when you upgrade the application you will have the option to allow BP to upgrade it for you, once done you can do all the resource machines.

Hopefully I've remembered everything but I think, dependent on the number of machines etc, this should only take around a day or so to do. Just be sure to make a detailed upgrade plan of what you are doing and when and have a roll back option. Once you upgrade the database you cant undo it so I would suggest the IT team do a test run on an isolated machine to better understand the upgrade of BP client, server and database.

Hope this helps 🙂

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
NTTData
Europe/London