cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP crashes when interacting with AA element

Sigurd_SvidalRa
Level 3
We have a Ractive based webapplication that we are trying to integrate some Blue Prism RPA processes on. We are trying to click this HTML button: Send til revisjon When identifying this button via regular HTML spying nothing happens if we trigger a "Navigate" stage with a "Click centre" action on the button. I.e: The button does not seem to get clicked at all. I am presuming that this has something to do with the fact that the Ractive JS eventhandler is not output in the HTML as an onclick event in IE, but rather handled internally via an eventhandler in the Ractive framework. The BP to IE automate API does not seem to like this approach.. So instead we have tried to do identify and interact with the button via AA. See the attached screenshot for the spy setup. The problem now is that Blue Prism crashes if we try to trigger a navigate action on the spied AA button. Automate.exe stops responding and eventually just crashes. Has anybody else got any experience working with Ractive based webapplications and Blue Prism? Anybody else experienced BP just crashing completly when interacting with AA elements? Can you see anything that we should change in regards to the AA settings? Anybody tried to invoke javascripts directly via BP? This far we have done some unsuccesful tests running "ractive.fire()" via the "Invoke javascript function" action. We are currently running BP version 5.0.23.0
3 REPLIES 3

gouthamedara
Level 4
Hey. Have the same exact problem. I just posted same issue in another post. Even I tried using Invoke JavaScript in vain. However I found it to be fruitful to use Surface Automation. I used TAB to navigate through the application and select from drop down using Global send keys. This is a vey tricky process as it varies for each drop down. So you might be having a lot of decision stages to keep the flow correct. I am using the same exact version and it crashes when spied on AA mode for this web application. Good luck finding solution. I would suggest use Global send keys to automate first.

DesBoyle2
Level 3
You could try some windows API code to move the mouse to the x/y coordinate of the button and send a mouse click..I do this a lot to invoke external mouse clicks..works well

BalakrishnaG
Level 4
Hi dsleeper.. have you found any solution for the above error....as we are currently facing the same issue. .can you support us if you have resolved the above issue.   thanks, Bala.