cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP freezes on long wait stages

Reny.jacobreji
Level 4
Hi fellow BP developpers,  I have got a scenario where an SAP page takes about 5-7 mins to load after entering the required input data, for this I have added a conditional wait stage. The conditional wait stage has been configured to check for an element from the next screen and if it exists then proceeds with the process, however this does not seem to be happening BP seems to be stuck at the wait stage even after the element from the next screen becomes available. This issue is not seen when i step through the process only when i run from end to end.  Is there someone out there who has faced the same issue ?
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Not something I have seen or heard of before - are you sure the element you are waiting for exists the same in all environments?  Maybe experiment with changing your wait stage logic to try and workaround this issue. 

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
... try changing your wait stage to wait for an element on the current screen to not exist see if that logic works any better? 

BaalakkannanSiv
Level 2
Split the wait stage into small wait stages.for instance : 5 minutes of wait can be split into 2sec x loop 150 times. This will reduce the continuity of the load created by the wait stage.   Regards Baala

BartWille
Level 3
This won't solve your issue but.. When you press execute or take any other action in SAP then Blue Prism waits for SAP to finish. So even when the execution in SAP takes 7 minutes then this doesn't require you to have a wait stage of the same time because Blue Prism will only get at the wait stage by the time that SAP finishes it's 7 minute loading. Note: this is the case when using SAP GUI Script (spying SAP in Blue Prism's SAP mode). It might not be the case with other methods.