cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP freezes when interacting with Java app

ArchiveUser
Level 4
Hi, I use Java access bridge to interact with a Java application. Normally, everything works smoothly, but sometimes both Java app and BP stop responding and I have to kill them both. Funny thing is that none of them actually says it is not responding (in the window title or task manager), but they do not respond to any action I take. Killing just one of them does not free the other one either. Users never experience this sort of freeze in the Java app. It looks like apps get each other into a deadlock, I just cannot figure out why and how. Logs show nothing and I have enabled crash dumping just recently, therefore I do not have any outcome yet. Anyway, any idea will be appreciated. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

RubenRaveel
Level 2
Hello, Do you by any chance use Java 1.8 with the included java access bridge. We had the same problem and managed to fix that by installing the JAB 2.0.4 version manually. However there was an additional bug in de JAB and to resolve that you have to rename the 64-bit JAB and JAWT file to end with 32 (apparently it always looks for that filename irregardless of the bittness) Hope this helps. Below you can find the batch script I made to move all the files in the correct location. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- @ECHO off copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\WindowsAccessBridge.dll"" c:\Windows\System32\WindowsAccessBridge.dll copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll"" c:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\WindowsAccessBridge-64.dll"" c:\Windows\System32\WindowsAccessBridge-64.dll rem ------------------------ move ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge-64.jar"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge-64_OLD.jar"" move ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\jaccess.jar"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\jaccess_OLD.jar"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\access-bridge.jar"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge.jar"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\access-bridge-32.jar"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge-32.jar"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\access-bridge-64.jar"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge-64.jar"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\jaccess.jar"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\jaccess.jar"" move ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\accessibility.properties"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\accessibility_OLD.properties"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\accessibility.properties"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\accessibility.properties"" move ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JavaAccessBridge-64.dll"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JavaAccessBridge-64_OLD.dll"" move ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JAWTAccessBridge-64.dll"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JAWTAccessBridge-64_OLD.dll"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\JavaAccessBridge-64.dll"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JavaAccessBridge-32.dll"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\JavaAccessBridge.dll"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JavaAccessBridge.dll"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\JAWTAccessBridge-64.dll"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JAWTAccessBridge-32.dll"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\JAWTAccessBridge.dll"" ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JAWTAccessBridge.dll"" rem ------------------------ move ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge.jar"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge_OLD.jar"" move ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge-32.jar"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge-32_OLD.jar"" move ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\jaccess.jar"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\jaccess_OLD.jar"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\access-bridge.jar"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge.jar"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\access-bridge-32.jar"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge-32.jar"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\access-bridge-64.jar"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\access-bridge-64.jar"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\jaccess.jar"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\ext\jaccess.jar"" move ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\accessibility.properties"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\accessibility_OLD.properties"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\accessibility.properties"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\lib\accessibility.properties"" move ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JavaAccessBridge-32.dll"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JavaAccessBridge-32_OLD.dll"" move ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JAWTAccessBridge-32.dll"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JAWTAccessBridge-32_OLD.dll"" move ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JavaAccessBridge.dll"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JavaAccessBridge_OLD.dll"" move ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JAWTAccessBridge.dll"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JAWTAccessBridge_OLD.dll"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\JavaAccessBridge-32.dll"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JavaAccessBridge-32.dll"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\JavaAccessBridge-64.dll"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JavaAccessBridge-64.dll"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\JavaAccessBridge.dll"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JavaAccessBridge.dll"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\JAWTAccessBridge-32.dll"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JAWTAccessBridge-32.dll"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\JAWTAccessBridge-64.dll"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JAWTAccessBridge-64.dll"" copy ""c:\temp\JAB 2.0.4 Manual Install Files\JAWTAccessBridge.dll"" ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\JAWTAccessBridge.dll"" rem ------------------------ ""c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\jabswitch.exe"" -enable pause

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Firstly, have you read the Java Automation Guide on the Portal? It contains hints and tips when interfacing with Java applications. I have experienced exactly what you explain in the past when interacting with Java applications. It usually occurs when pressing a button and Blue Prism does not get the response it expects from the JAB API. Blue Prism just keeps hanging forever waiting for a response that never arrives. A good example of where this occurs is if you click a button and there is a Model dialog launched by the Java Application. Antoehr example is if you click a Button and the Java Application crashes in some way. In both these scenarios, Blue Prism will just hang there until the application is closed or the model dialog closed. To get arround this I recommend using Global Mouse Clicks when clicking buttons/navigating within a Java application where you experience these issues. This will mean that Blue Prism is not waiting for a JAB response internall. - it is just sending the global click and moves on to your wait stage that is waiting for the result of your navigation.

ArchiveUser
Level 4
Thank you, Denis, for the idea. I have also had this idea already, but I have not tried it out yet since I have been waiting for the case to repeat itself which has not happened lastly. Ruben - I use Java 1.7, but thanks for the heads-up