cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP logs extraction - Error systemoutofmemoryexception

sapna_soni0290
Level 5
Hi All,
I am having a BP log file of 40 pages. I can check till 16 pages & want to move to page 17. I am not able to export it to excel. It throws system out of memory exception. Is there a way, the log file can be either extracted to excel or i can view p-17 from BP itself?

------------------------------
sapna soni
Capgemini Pvt Ltd
Asia/Kolkata
2 REPLIES 2

steven.boggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Sapna,

Typically, out of memory scenarios when attempting to open/view logs can indicate too high of a parameter logging level. This is discussed in the KB, "Why do I get an Out of Memory error when working with Session logs?".

There are a few different ways forward here that could allow you to access these logs:
- Archive the logs using the in-product Archiving functionality to export them out of the database in a compressed format (gzip) for viewing outside of Blue Prism. If you run into issues, consult the Troubleshooting Archiving and Data Management resources
- Clear down the older logs in the database using the example Database Housekeeping Scripts available on request from Support, which would free up memory on the machine to view the more recent logs.
- Access/query the logs directly in the BPASessionLog_NonUnicode table in the Blue Prism database

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

john.hammond
Level 6
Hi Sapna.

I'm not sure if this will be the case with you, and this is indeed very similar to what @steven.boggs has already mentioned, but we had a similar case recently where it turned out that a file encoded in base64 was being entered into our logs. We never got a definitive answer in terms of how big the file was before throwing the OutOfMemory exception, but it certainly began baulking around the 8mb mark. As Steve has mentioned, it would be best practice to not log sizeable items where possible.

John Hammond