cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Calendar

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi We can create customized calendars based on working week, national holidays (UK only), and other holidays. In Japanese industries, we need to have such calendars as has 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 8th working days. So, adding other holidays to calendars are very painful. We want to add WORKING DAYs to calendars, which is much less painful and intuitive. Best regards,
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I totally agree with this one. The problem is that every country has its own national holidays so it is probably a massive task to have a default calander for every country within the product, a great solution would be if it was possible to import ical or ics calanders so Bank Holiday calanders others have created on the internet could be easily imported.

JuhoLindblad
Level 3
Hey, I also agree with this. As a workaround I have exported a calendar from Blue Prism and modified the .xml file manually by first adding all days for following couple of years as holidays and then removing the days when the schedule needs to be executed. Then importing the schedule with new ID. Quicker and easier than using the BP UI. Haven't yet tested the version 6.0, so not sure if it will already provide solution for this. Regards, Juho

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Version 6.0 doesn't provide any improvement. In my case, manually create a calendar and then INSERT other holidays with SQLs via SQLServer. SQL looks like the following: INSERT INTO BPANonWorkingDay SELECT v.id, '2017-01-02' FROM (SELECT id FROM BPACalendar WHERE name = 'CalendarName' ) v;

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
A great solution Juho. ical is a text file (just had da look at one out of interest) with the datetime in a filed called DTSTAMP: I probably would not take much work to create some code to take an ical file and generate a Blue Prism calander xml file ready to import.

SimenAakhus
Level 3
1. How difficult is it to implement 2nd, 3rd, 4th... workday for a given calendar (where holidays are defined by System Manager), in addition to existing First and Last working day options? 2. Could you provide some summary/guiding steps for the SQL routine?