cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism - Resource host Error

ParthPatel1
Level 2
Hi All, Can you help fix this issue, I have connected 8 resource using the same configuration setting but somehow the last one is giving me the "No such host is Known". Here is the Screen shot of the Resource file is attached. Not able to run any other processes on the resource even on resource itself. I have even uninstall and reinstall the blue prism on the reource, also retry with the configuration setting with both BP Server and Server itself but no result. Any help will be greatly appreciated.    
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Sounds like a machine name somewhere can't be resolved. Try pinging the app server machine name from the resource and vice-versa to check that both machines can communicate with each other.

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi One possible reason is that the domain of the last runtime resource differs from the domain of the app server and the rest of the runtime resources, so app server could not resolve the machine name. Hope this helps.      

GuilhermeChainh
Level 3
Hi, I have the same problem. How can I fix it? Isn't it possible to have a machine connected to the app server with a different domain?  I tried to ping and telnet both machines, and it is working.   Thanks

** SOLVED **  The hostname is too long.  Change client PC name to a name that is less than or equal to 15 characters.

------------------------------
Peter Lacken
RPA Consultant
Webstep AS
Europe/Oslo
------------------------------