cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Versioning control system tool or Configuration Management tool works well with Blue prism?

Prem_KSundar
Level 2
Which Versioning control system tool or Configuration Management tool works well with Blue prism?

Suggest between
1. TFS
2. PVCS
3. Sub version
4. Github

How to enable in blue prism tools settings or Control room. Please suggest any steps.

------------------------------
Primo
Manager
Zoetis
America/New_York
1 REPLY 1

DaveMorris
Level 14
Blue Prism has its own internal version control, in that it maintains a copy of older versions of individual components (processes and objects). There's no feature currently in BP that enables integration with an external version control system.

It is of course possible to store the xml files of processes and objects (or even the bprelease files which contain more component types) in TFS, GitHub, etc. But you'd have to do it by exporting the xml files and then uploading them into a VCS. It is possible to automate this but it certainly isn't part of Blue Prism already. I imagine this will be a feature at some point in the future but I've no idea what that would look like or whether it would fit your needs.

For now, I would expect to export packages/releases and then manually upload them into a versional control system at specific points in your development process.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA