Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Server Connection Issues

RPA_TrainingWav
Level 3
Hi,

I have installed Blue Prism 7.0.1 in my laptop. and Laptop Name is as below:
LAPTOP-XXXXXXXX

I have one VM installed through Oracle VirtualBox with Windows 10 as OS. The VM is installed with same Blue Prism 7.0.1.

Even though the VM is present in my own machine (Laptop). I am not able to connect to Blue Prism Server in my Laptop.

Please help me with the detailed instructions to connect to Blue Prism Server in my laptop from VM.

Provided I have
TCP/IP Enabled,
Named Pipes Enabled

------------------------------
Thanks
Raj Prabhu Thangaraj
Wavicle Data Solutions
Coimbatore
Thanks [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [CompanyName] [City] [State] [Phone]
6 REPLIES 6

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Raj,

Here's my best guess.

In our shop , you can only have BP via a virtual machine, a VDI. I did install BP on my laptop once but it was not able to connect to the database and therefor did not work. I know this is something that is managed by the good folks at our CoE, and it might be the same in your case. So I would suggest you check with those in charge of managing the BP product and licenses to see if your preferred solution would work at your shop.

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Thank you for your swift response Paul. The license that I am using is Trial License and it has validity of 30 days including the BP server features.

RPA Training Wavicle
Thanks [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [CompanyName] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi Raj,

Ah! In that case we'll have to be patient and wait for anyone with more applicable knowledge to pick up on this.

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hi!

I don't know if the problems becomes for the trial version, but here you have some aspects to check.

- Is the BP Server service running over your VM?
- See if the connectivity settings are correctly configured (Same port in the BP Server Service and the LAPTOP BP Console)
- Did you check if exists a connectivity between these two ​machines? (You can check this using the telnet command in your CMD)

Hope this helps you!

See you in the community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Raj - it's not essential to have the app server on a separate machine, it can live side by side on the same the Interactive Client. That will be by far the easier set up.

But if you do want the app server on the host machine, then first thing to do (before installing BP) is to ensure that the host and the VM have 2-way communication. This will likely be a combination of VirtualBox and Windows settings. The app server machine and the DB server also need to be able to communicate.

Then install BP on the host, and configure BP Server as per the install guide. Once the app server is up an running, install BP on the VM and connect the Interactive Client to the app server.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Thank you John. Would you be help on the Install Guide of BP Server? and before installing Blue Prism on host as well as on guest (VM), and please may I request you to clarify what are the steps to be followed to make sure that there is 2-way communication between the host and Guest (VM) OS?

Thanks
RPA Training Wavicle