cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism User Accounts

StuartRedmore
Level 3
Hi, I am looking for some help with Blue Prism User Accounts. We are using Blue Prism V5. Is it possible to set up an account where the password does not expire ? ( Similar to a service account ) Reason being, I have a process that will manage the running of other processes on other resources via the AutomateC command which requires a valid Blue Prism Username and Password for authentication. We are unable to use SSO. I intended on having the credentials stored via Blue Prisms Credential Manager. ( This idea comes from the blue prism guide attached ). I ideally want this process to run as a background process. So i would ideally like to stay away from catching the fact that the Blue Prism Username and password has expired. Open Blue Prism login, user the password change window, update , then update in Blue Prisms Credential Manager. I have tried to see if there is a way of Updating the Password via an AutomateC command and I can not see one. If anyone else has found a solution to this using an approach I have not thought of, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for anyones time and help in advance.  
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Stuart,   When setting up the user in Blue Prism you do need to set a password expiry date, but it should be possible to set it with the year 9999.