cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism crash error

Hello team,

We are facing some issues with a process that performs excel operations where the Blue Prism suddenly crashes.

In Event Viewer we get to see the below error message but not able to figure out what is going wrong.

The same setup and process is working fine in the lower environment which leads to more confusion that what exactly is going wrong.

31208.png

31209.png

Does anyone have any idea what can be the issue here and in which component?

------------------------------
If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead
<quillbot-extension-portal></quillbot-extension-portal>
12 REPLIES 12

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
From the EventData, it seems to be occurring during a "Clipboard.Clear" action as part of a "ThrowExceptionForHRInternal" stage. There's not a lot of other information to go on here, though.

Since this is occurring in one environment but not another, examining any differences in the environments would be the logical first step -- if this might be an out-of-memory  crash scenario, monitoring system resources while the process is running may provide useful information. Also, is this error intermittent, or reproducible every time the Process is run? Is there any custom code involved in this Process, or has the Excel VBO been modified from the out-of-the-box version that comes standard with Blue Prism?

If this is related to the out-of-the-box Excel VBO and you would want to troubleshoot this from a Product (rather than a Process-design) standpoint, my primary suggestion would be to open a ticket with us and provide the necessary information so we could help investigate further.

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

PRASANTHM
Level 5
Hi,

I believe its a problem in copying and pasting data with the clipboard class

can you plz let me know which VBO and which action and which version? I Understand it worked in the Lower region, but I'm not you tried exact same data in the lower region

This is a set function issue that's why I'm doubting

Thanks
Prasanth
Software Engineer | RPA Developer
Thanks Prasanth Software Engineer | RPA Developer

Thanks for your response. We have created some customized code stages for excel which is not provided in the default VBO. 
One point that you mentioned we can test using the same data set as well to see how it goes.
It certainly looks like something with the clipboard copy operation.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

Hi Tejaskumar,

A quick google search brought me to your original post, did you ever figure out a solution for this?

Best Regards,

Melissa

Melissa Michielsen

Nope

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead

1)Are you accessing the file from share folder? if yes, both prod/non pord using the share folder concept?
2)Both production/Non product machine configurations are same? sometimes if it's less cpu core, CPU utilization may be high and because of this reason also this issue may occur.
3)what is the size of the file? and how many volume will be there?

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone. +966-556784162
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Hi Devendran,

So for myself, I am accessing from a file path, but both bot configurations are the same. And while there is a lot of data in the Excel sheet, the file size is not large at all at about 7 Mb.

It's not consistently crashing and only doing so one time out of 50.

Melissa Michielsen
Junior Automation Developer
TransAlta

Dear Melissa,

I faced this issue while accessing excel file from the share folder. As part of that excel file, while BOT performing write collection it was taking long time and suddenly blueprism was crashing.

Later for testing purpose we kept the input file in local desktop drive and tested it was working as expected.. Hence, our issue which is related to share folder slowness and the same we informed to our internal IT team and later they fixed it, till now we are not facing any issues. 

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone. +966-556784162
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Thanks Devendran, I will look into this and update with the results.  🙂

Melissa Michielsen
Junior Automation Developer
TransAlta