cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism does not detect elements in Chrome open tool

Using Application Modeller I indentified some HTML elements on a Chrome web page (for clicking on stuff, fill input fields...)

When my bot clicks 'Attach' button, the Chrome will open the Chrome open tool (where you can browse for files). My problem is that I can't identify elements inside that open tool. I used some writers to type in the path field and file name field the path and the file name, but the bot is acting like the Chrome open tool does not exist. Do you have any idea about how can I make the bot complete those fields?

--------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This content was auto-posted from Stackoverflow. The original Stackoverflow question is here Stackoverflow Post, posted by Tudor Albu.
Hi  I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
8 REPLIES 8

HI

You can not spy the same using Browser Mode. EIther you have to spy using window or AA or UIA mode then it will work.

------------------------------
Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi Tudor,

You may find issues with Chrome and Blue Prism in all versions up until 6.8; this problem is caused by the caused by the connection to the Chrome extension not being killed in a timely manner. As it is hard coded to use port 31924, when Blue Prism next tries to interact with Chrome it encounters that port already being in use from the last Process run and therefore cannot create a new connection.

A resource restart can resolve this, or upgrading to 6.8 where this is resolved - you can find out more at: Why is my Process no longer able to spy or interact with Chrome Browser? If you have access to the Blue Prism Support Portal.

I hope this was of help,

James

James McLintock
Process Analyst and Developer
Blue Prism
Europe/London

I still have this issue in BP 6.9?

Anton Botha

Are you saying you do have this issue in 6.9, or are you asking if it still is an issue in 6.9?

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Asilarow
MVP
Hi,

It looks like the window you are trying to spy exists on a separate thread, and is therefore not attached.

Try to detach from the application, and then attach with a higher child index (i.e. 1).

If that will still not allow you to spy, then try to create a separate object which will attach to that specific window.

Cheers,
Andrzej Silarow

I still have this issue in 6.9. While spying you can find the elements. Once you run the process it does not find the elements.
@Andrzej Silarow​ I have tried detatching and attaching to the object. Does not solve the problem.

This is only in Chrome. In IE it works but the application is only supported on Chrome and does not function correctly on IE.

Anton Botha

Oh, right... so maybe the attributes that are being matched, change after re-running the app.

Can you paste a snip of your application modeller for the element that's causing the error?

Andrzej Silarow
Blue Prism Mentor
Smart Automation Services LTD
Europe/London
Andrzej Silarow

Hi,

I have already figured out the issue. I tried the new session which caused the problem. Reverted back to the old way and the issue is not there anymore.

Anton Botha