cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism issue with 'Attach'

VarindaS_
Level 4

Blue Prism issue with Attaching applications

I am facing a major issue with BP Attaching to applications. The process would work fine for a long time, then all of a sudden, BP can't attach to an application, and the only way to recover is to log off the server, and log back in and restart the process. It would work after that but after few hours, the issue will again persist.

Is the issue related to the Server itself running something in the background? And what is the solution that can work? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

------------------------------
Varinda S.S.
Software Engineer
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Actually solved (I believe) thanks to:
https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MessageKey=f809d570-6149-4839-a1a9-ee01e0149dbd&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=dig...

Kerrie Whelan
Technology Product Owner
Lincoln Investment
America/New_York

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Varinda

Can you share the error that is produced when it fails to attach? Also can you open task manager and check that the application you are trying to attach to doesnt have more than one instance? I could be that the application isnt being closed down correctly in your process and cant attach next time as there are several instances of the same application.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

ChrisEllenburg_
Level 4
I've found that most attach issues can be resolved by making sure your application is still running when obtaining an attach error. Also if you are opening any additional windows for example, a 'Save As' window, be sure to detach from the original application, attach to the new window, perform some steps, detach from the new window, and reattach to the original application. Even if you were able to spy elements in the new window in application modeller I'd still go this route and create a separate VBO.

Chris Ellenburg

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. The problem I am actually facing is that when I run the process from the control room, it runs smoothly for quite a few cases but then suddenly I get, "Failed to attach to application" error but after restarting the server, it again starts working. It could be possible that the bot wasn't able to close the application accurately. I would check next time it happens.

Varinda S.S.
Software Engineer
Neosoft Technologies

Thank you Chris for your solution. 

Apparently, we are using separate VBOs for the process that includes the Attach functionality. The main issue here is that the process seems to be able to complete 20 plus cases from control room but then suddenly at 21st case, it throws the Attach issue. But after restarting the process it again works fine for many cases and then again it throws the same Attach issue. I wish to know the root cause of the issue. It doesn't seem to have the exact issue with Attach here since it works fine for multiple cases. And it seems to be able to detach and attach to the application fine for most of the cases.

Varinda S.S.
Software Engineer
Neosoft Technologies

Hi Varinda, did you ever solve this issue?  I'm experiencing the exact same issue.  Thanks.  Kerrie

Kerrie Whelan
Technology Product Owner
Lincoln Investment
America/New_York

Actually solved (I believe) thanks to:
https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MessageKey=f809d570-6149-4839-a1a9-ee01e0149dbd&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=dig...

Kerrie Whelan
Technology Product Owner
Lincoln Investment
America/New_York