cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism not allowing to run more than 20 sessions

SagarPhadtare
Level 4
HI, I have 25 robots in production. I used to run process everyday on 20 VMs. I tried running the process on 21st vm yesterday. Already I was running process process on 20 vms. When I dragged process on 21st vm. blueprism gave error as "You have permission to run 20 concurrent sessions". Please advice how can I run process on more than 20 vms as I have 25 vms setup in production. prompt reply is really appreciated as we are in production.
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It look like you have reached your licensing limit. If your license is capped at 20 concurrent processes then you won't be able to run any more.

Thank you so much John. Please advice, if I have to purchase new licenses or do I need to upgrade my existing license for more sessions.

Thank you so much John. Please advice, if I have to purchase new licenses or do I need to upgrade my existing license for more sessions.

My understanding is . 1 App server= 1 BP license= 1 DB instance or DB server? = upto 100VMs = 20 concurrent sessions. Multiple DB instance on 1 DB server for 1 app server on 1 license. Could you please correct me if I am wrong.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Sagar - your understanding is incorrect. 1 license = 1 process running in Production. You can use the same license in Dev and Test for free but your contract states you cannot use the license in more than one Production database. The license does not limit how many resource machines, client machines or application servers* you use. Recent versions of BP allow you to add multiple licenses, so you have the option to add another if necessary. Please contact your BP sales person. * NB you would only use more than one Prod application server if you had a load balancer.