cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue prism Data encryption for work queue

MayankGoyal2
Level 8
Hi, Kindly suggest if the data that we store in blue prism work queue is automatically stored as encrypted or do we need to encrypt it using VBO 'Utility Encryption' before loading to work queue.
Also the data that we retrieve back from queue is actual value, if we want to encrypt it when passing from process to object, kindly suggest what is the value of Key to provide in utility Encryption and from where can we get this value.

------------------------------
Mayank Goyal
13 REPLIES 13

Hi Mayank,

Am not getting the none suffix on mine after I created a new queue:

Max Elopre
Technical Consultant
Chicago IL

@MaxElopre - Any suggestions on how to get that none removed, it is displaying on it own and i am not able to find any option to remove it. ​

Mayank Goyal

Hi Mayank,

Since I can't replicate your issue, I don't have anymore suggestion to add except reinstall BP and/or open a support ticket.

Max Elopre
Technical Consultant
Chicago IL

harshilcibc
Level 4
Hi Mayank, 

Hope I am not too late to respond and you got the answer already. But just for others to get idea I will post my response. 

The queue encryption encrypts data at Database level. From Blue Prism queue you can still see the data as-is. To mask data with encryption, you will have to use internal encryption at object/process level before passing to queue and apply decryption again while reading queue.

The encryption checkbox on queue ONLY encrypts "data" column at database level. 

Hope this explains. 

20203.png

Harshil Mehta