cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is difference between refresh and reset button?

JayrajKuchekar
Level 2
c

------------------------------
Jayraj Kuchekar
2 REPLIES 2

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @JayrajKuchekar1

The Refresh button re-load​ the information in the Blue Prism Application Window. For example, if you are in the Control Room >> Queue Management and your process are inserting Items, you must to Refresh to check the new information.

This is the Refresh button:
20232.png 

Then, the Reset button restore the Application Diagram to the original stage clearing the current information. This button is part of Controlling Play section.

This is the Reset button.
20233.png

Hope this helps you 🙂

See you in the community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

JaredRumball
Level 6
The Reset button within Design Studio restarts the debugger and causes all data items to be reset to their initial value. There are also some slight differences in the behaviour between Process Studio and Object Studio - more info in the Debug Differences section of this page:
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/helpDebug.htm

For the Refresh button - again within Design Studio (sitting between Redo & Zoom on my toolbar) - this updates the process/object you are working in with any changes in the environment, such as changes to referenced objects, environment variables etc. Another way to think of this is that it refreshes your workspace with current state from the database including any changes that have occurred while you have had Studio open.

Not many people seem to know about this and will often close Studio and reopen their process to pull in any changes in the environment. Much easier and faster to hit Refresh! 

20238.png

p.s. it was a few years ago when I found a reference for that nugget of info about the refresh button and I now can't figure out where I saw it - pretty sure it was in official Blue Prism material though.

Jared Rumball
Q4 Associates Ltd
https://www.q4associates.biz/