cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 403 Web API

CristianLopez
Level 3
Hi team,

I have been using a very simple API from Postman for training propose. It is a pretty straight forward however from the last two weeks ago I have been receiving an internal error 403 Internal :

Unexpected error Error during Web API HTTP Request
HTTP Status Code: 403

I tried with both the Utility HTTP  and created the Web API Services but I'm getting the same error. I have got others API Services created and they work with no issue, however this one is failing. I've tried in Postman and it works too.

Here you are the documentation of the API:
introduction-to-postman-course/simple-books-api.md at main · vdespa/introduction-to-postman-course · GitHub

Thank you so much for your time

------------------------------
Cristian Lopez
Developer
Roboyo
Europe/London
1 REPLY 1

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Cristian Lopez,

A 403 error indicates and issue with authentication. Do you have a user account or key for this API? If so, how are you referencing it in the Web API? Do you pass it in directly, or have you configured the Common Authentication section of the Web API to pull it directly from Credential Manager?

If you post some screenshots of the Web API definition it might help troubleshoot.

FYI - The very bottom of the documentation on the GitHub repo states that their authentication tokens are goo for 7 days. Have you refreshed the token?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange