cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism 6.10 Chrome extension issue

vinithchandra3
Level 3
Hi Team,

At present, I am using blueprism V6.10.1. When I try to launch an application through any one of the browsers(Edge and Chrome). Sometimes I am facing attach issue because of a browser extension and also I tried it multiple times. Even though I selected the browser Extension Connectivity option in the settings tab.

Failed to launch application - The browser extension was not detected, please check that it has been installed and enabled. For more information, see the browser extension user guide.

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/chrome-firefox.htm
29898.png

Regards,
Vinith
Developer.

------------------------------
vinith chandra
11 REPLIES 11

EmersonF
MVP
Hi, i hope you're well, what version of the extension are you using? I believe the most recent one is this one https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/blue-prism-6101-browser-e/ocmhoiiilbobfmailfagflkbgagjddem?hl=pt-BR, try to delete the existing extension and install this.

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

HI Emerson Ferreira,

At Present i am using the V6.10.1 Extension.

Regards,
Vinith
RPA Developer

vinith chandra

Can you validate that the extension is active?
Go to Settings-> Extensão -> Blue Prism Browser Extension - > More
29878.png

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

IzaanMaredia
Level 2
Hi Vinit,
Once you install extension, Then go to Blue Prism System Tab - > System -> Settings and if the Port 31924 option is not checked, then please check it.

Izaan Maredia

TobiasArnold
Level 6
Hi Vinith,

we observed this behavior in MS-Edge , too. After investigating a while we found that this error occurs in our environment, if we have set a start URL in the "Application Modeller" AND uses this URL (even or another) in the "Launch" action as Edge start argument.  After removing the argument from the launch action this error disappears.

Tobias Arnold
RPA Developer
ITERGO GmbH
Europe/Duesseldorf

Hi Tobias Arnold,

I tried this scenario but still we are facing the same issue again.

Regards,
Vinith
RPA Developer.

vinith chandra

Hi Emerson Ferreira,

Thanks for your suggestion. But, still getting the same issue again Even though it is in the active state.

Regards,
Vinith
RPA Developer.

vinith chandra

Hi Vinith,

in BP6.9 we use the following trick
  • in Application Modeller choose http://localhost or any other invalid URI as a startpage.
  • Use "Launch" without any arguments
  • Capture the document root and navigate to your target url with a navigate action and "Set Adress" action on the document root

Tobias Arnold
RPA Developer
ITERGO GmbH
Europe/Duesseldorf

Hello Tobias, 

Can you very, very please share your thoughts about the following issue? 
Using Ms Edge as browser and Blueprism 6.10.2 with  Blue Prism System Tab - > System -> Settings Port 31924 option checked  : 
- I launch "Application 1" and use the element "document root" to navigate to a target url (with the set address action) and it works perfectly fine. The document root element use only the webpath /HTML[1]/BODY[1] to be recognized. 
- I close application 1 
- I launch "Application 2" and use the element "document root" to navigate to a target url and it works perfectly fine. The document root element use only the webpath /HTML[1]/BODY[1] to be recognized. 
- I launch both applications (at the start of my process) and use the element "document root" in application 1. I get the message "more than element is found". 

Is Blueprism searching in both applications now with Ms Edge ?  

Best regards

philippe boutry
Blueprism Solution designer
Aubay
Europe/Paris