cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism 6.10 Chrome extension issue

charanReddy
Level 3
Hi Team, 

When I am trying to launch chrome in Blue prism 6.10. it is failing with below exception. could you please suggest how to fix this issue? I am not facing this issue all the time some time blue prism is launching Chrome successfully some times it is failing with below error. 

(Note : I already have Blue prism browser extension installed in my browser.)

The browser extension was not detected, please check that it has been installed and enabled. For more information, see the browser extension user guide. https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/chrome-firefox.htm

------------------------------
charan Reddy
developer
accenture
Asia/Kolkata
33 REPLIES 33

NingBai
Level 2
Hello friend,

I have exactly the same problem with chrome. Did you manage to find the reason and solve the problem?

Ning Bai
Senior Consultant
EY
Asia/Beijing

Piavan_Acker
Level 3
Hi

I have exactly the same problem with chrome. And i use 6.10 too.

Pia van Acker
Digitaliseringskonsulent
Gladsaxe Commune
Europe/Copenhagen

RitaReis_Cabrit
Level 3
Hello! I have the same problem... Do you already know a solution?

Rita Reis Cabrita

ChihuaXiang
Level 3
I also have this problem since upgrade BP 6.8 to 6.10. for me,  it is because the fixed port has been checked in 6.10 when I already had it in 6.8.
This problem happened now and then, I have to remove the extension and reinstall it, then it can work properly.
And if your robot is for web application using Chrome which have some pop up pages and you unchecked the fixed port in 6.10, you may find the browser mode which works before but now can not work .
It might be the issue of extension.....

ShailendraSing1
Level 3
With Blue Prism 6.10, upgrade, the Google chrome extension needs to be updated to 6.10. 
Also if 
Google Chrome is installed in the C:\Program Files(x86), we need to use fix port i.e
17435.png
Google Chrome is installed in the C:\Program Files, we need to use an ephemeral port i.e

17436.png
Shailendra Singh
RPA Consultant
GENPACT
Asia/Kolkata

Hi!! My Google Chrome is installed in the C:\Program Files(x86), where can I find that browser ex conectivity configuration? I would like to check if mine is ok

Thanks a lot

Rita Reis Cabrita

Blue Prism->System-> System->Settings... scroll down to bottom.

Shailendra Singh
RPA Consultant
GENPACT
Asia/Kolkata

That worked!! Thanks a lot!!

However I still have problems launching. I have to launch twice for that application is available to attach and then work on it. Do you know what it might be?

Thanks again!!

Rita Reis Cabrita

Hi Shailendra,

I was surprised at your post because to my knowledge, there was no such restriction. My understanding was that regardless of where Chrome is installed, the browser extension will operate correctly using the fixed port and ephemeral (dynamic) ports options.

I have completed several rounds of tests and can confirm that Chrome can be installed in c:\program files or c:\program files (x86), and work correctly work with fixed and ephemeral ports.

Cheers,

Carl Carter
Senior Developer
Blue Prism
Europe/London