cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism 6.10 Chrome extension issue

charanReddy
Level 3
Hi Team, 

When I am trying to launch chrome in Blue prism 6.10. it is failing with below exception. could you please suggest how to fix this issue? I am not facing this issue all the time some time blue prism is launching Chrome successfully some times it is failing with below error. 

(Note : I already have Blue prism browser extension installed in my browser.)

The browser extension was not detected, please check that it has been installed and enabled. For more information, see the browser extension user guide. https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/chrome-firefox.htm

------------------------------
charan Reddy
developer
accenture
Asia/Kolkata
33 REPLIES 33

Hi Dave,

I'm having this same issue on 6.10.1 - so that's not fixed it, it seems. 

I also have switched between the fixed and ephemeral port but doesn't seem to make a difference.

Mat

Hi Mat,

Just to verify, you restarted the runtime resource machine or wherever you're testing after changing to/from fixed/ephemeral port modes?

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Oh yes, I've been having this issue for about a week now.

Mat

Hi James,

I am recently upgraded to BP V7.0.1 and I have facing Attach Issue with Chrome. I have tried to reboot the machine and even tried to re install chrome but the issue still seems to be there. It show the below error. Can you please help isolate the issue.
I get this error even after I see that the latest Version of Blue prism extension is already installed in chrome.

Himanshu Sharma

SulemanRathor
Level 2

Hi All

I think I've worked it out.

If MS Edge (maybe other browsers too, not tested) is running in the background the Chrome extension fails to spy web elements. The solution is to kill MS Edge (maybe other browsers too) to avoid the clash. You can use the environment object with the kill process > "msedge".

This will hopefully save everyone some time 🙂

Regards
Suleman

Suleman Rathor

Hi Himanshu Sharma,
I am also , having same issue. 
but I did my analysis and I checked automate.exe via task manager when I was doing debug. The automate.exe was like automatec.exe(32bit). then I changed Application Embedded mode in Application modeller instead of embedded(default), I chose 32bit , then this error was not coming.

Try this one and Let me know how does it goes

vidhya anbalagan

I don't think the application model's bitness can affect anything in this situation. Are you sure you tested this thoroughly and found it to work only when it's set to 32bit? Regardless, the bitness setting there in app modeller should actually be related to the bitness of the target not the bitness of Blue Prism. Blue Prism itself is a 32bit app no matter whether you install in the 64bit or 32bit location. I suppose it does something different in each of those cases, but the app itself is 32bit regardless.

Dave Morris
3Ci at Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

RohitSrivastav1
Level 3
Hi Everyone,

I was just going thought this post and also facing the issue.

The issue was intermittent and I did all the changes mentioned here in this thread.
Here is what "is", for now, working for me. Every time this error comes up I am running "ipconfig /renew" and reattempt launching chrome, this command refreshes your network.
Now, I don't know what's actually changing and solving this (I'd like to know though), but it works! Without restarting machine or Blueprism.

Regards,
Rohit
WeightyRPAMatey

Rohit Srivastava

Hi @Himanshu Sharma, after closing browser, give some delays. may be go with 180s (which is high) but slowly you can reduce the delay to 90s/60s. currently for few of the processes, I am doing this. Blue prism support team advised to provide this delay.
then after this wait, Launch Chrome. it will definitely​ works. Extension issue won't come. 

if you are not happy with delay, then please contact BP support team.

vidhya anbalagan
RPA Developer
Australia/Sydney NSW

Please ignore that analysis. it was not helping though

vidhya anbalagan