cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism 6.10 Chrome extension issue

charanReddy
Level 3
Hi Team, 

When I am trying to launch chrome in Blue prism 6.10. it is failing with below exception. could you please suggest how to fix this issue? I am not facing this issue all the time some time blue prism is launching Chrome successfully some times it is failing with below error. 

(Note : I already have Blue prism browser extension installed in my browser.)

The browser extension was not detected, please check that it has been installed and enabled. For more information, see the browser extension user guide. https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/chrome-firefox.htm

------------------------------
charan Reddy
developer
accenture
Asia/Kolkata
33 REPLIES 33

RohitSrivastav1
Level 3
Hi there,

Here is the solution, tried and tested. Do the steps of disabling fixed port in Blueprism Settings and then head to Chrome and go to system settings (chrome://settings/system)
Then disable "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed" and voila. 
I have test run with these setting at least few thousand times and no intermittent extension issue.
Same is the solution for Edge. But do bear in mind, currently, Chrome and Edge cannot be used/spied/controlled simultaneously.

Regards,
Rohit
WeightyRPAMatey

Rohit Srivastava

Hello All,

I've also started facing this issue now on 6.10.4. It launches the chrome with the required URL and throws this error.

17489.png
I unchecked the port setting from BP and also disabled chrome "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed"

Any solution for this now?

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

Hi,
Give some wait time(Min 3 Sec) after launch application.

Ram Prasad Gajula
Software engineer
EY
Bangalore
+919704497828

Hi

I think I posted this somewhere, but I identified the issue as browsers running in the background and the ports clashing. For example, if Microsoft Edge is running in Task Manager and you're trying to spy in Google Chrome it will fail. The solution for this is to use the kill process action and make sure you kill any browsers that should not be running.

Once this is taken care of, if the browser fails you should only need to restart automate.

Regards
Suleman

Suleman Rathor