cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism 6.4.3.1224 Chrome 87 spied elements not working properly (Web and UI)

BalajiPalla
Level 3
Spied Elements not working once in a while . Some times all Web mode spied elements stop working and some times all UI mode spied elements stops working

I have tried below steps. But, no luck. Any suggestion (or) help highly appreciated.

1. ​Uninstall BluePrism 6.4.3.1224
  2. Install Chrome 87
  3. Install BluePrism 6.4.3.1224
  4. Verified BluePrism extension available in Chrome browser.
BluePrism : BluePrism 6.4.3.1224
Chrome Browser Version 87

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Balaji Palla
Senior RPA Consultant
HCL Technologies
Asia/Kolkata
13 REPLIES 13

henrynli
Staff
Staff
Hi Balaji,

With Chrome integration, command line parameter --force-renderer-accessibility is needed if you wanted to use UIA mode spying. 

If that was already included, try rebooting the machine you are testing and see if you get expected results the first run after rebooting. If it is ok, try running the vbo again using exactly same bot (ie. if you run it under debug mode, stay running it in debug mode) to confirm if it is stable. 

Now, try running the process using a local RR bot , e,g, one using port 8182 ....does it fail ? If it failed, try rebooting machine and upon starting up, run again using RR only (do not run it under debug mode this time).... what did you get?

Henry Li

Thanks Henry.

I am appending --force-renderer-accessibility in application modular  .

After restart it works fine on local RR bot , e,g, one using port 8182 in debug mode. But, In my process i have around 8 DOD i mean RR's and I am facing this issue on most of the RR's in .After restart either web elements are not working (or) UI elements are not working  i have tried both in debug mode and running process from Control room .

I came to know from once my friend BluePrism not friendly with Chrome. Is it right ?

The problem all we have 24/5 running bot's . BOT's should work on Chrome continuously. So, please let me if you think chrome will have lot issues ? 

One more thing noticed strange behavior File Delete(File Management Utility) Operation also not working after uploading using Chrome Browser .

Balaji Palla
Senior RPA Consultant
HCL Technologies
London

Hi,

the problem is the fixed port that the chrome extension uses is becoming blocked. See system settings chrome fixed port check box. Try switching that off.

Unfortunately Blue Prism have done a lot of development between 6,4 and 6,10 on the chrome extension therefore you will have problems. I would advise upgrading before migrating your IE code over to chrome.

PeterLacken
Ren Røros Intelligent Automation
Peter.Lacken@rria.no
http://www.rria.no

Thanks Peter.

I will contact Admin team to un check Fixed port check box in System Setting. 

I agree Blue Prism had done lot of changes . But, unfortunately it is long process to Upgrade BP version to 6.10 at customer place. So, i have to proceed with the option what you suggested and test it properly to make sure everything fine.

Balaji Palla
Senior RPA Consultant
HCL Technologies
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Balaji,

With the known issue relating to the Chrome port being taken by one mode of operation, you might be able to get around it by limiting your machines to run Chrome only with one RR using a fixed port (e.g. 8181) and to have Chrome only running with the specific RR under Scheduler. Do not allow a same machine to run Chrome under another mode (e.g. Debug mode/Control room).
If you wanted to change a run mode, always reboot the machine before running Chrome.

Upgrading to 6.10 allows the option to use ports other than the default 31924 for Chrome integration and this helps avoiding the issue.

Try setting up a 6.10 testing environment and play to confirm the results.

Henry Li

Thanks Henry.

Could you help me how to change the default 31924 for chrome integration ? If possible steps to update port .

Balaji Palla
Senior RPA Consultant
HCL Technologies
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Peter, 

I am not able to find Fixed Port Check box in Chrome Settings ?Could you Please guide the steps 

Thanks in advance!

Balaji Palla
Senior RPA Consultant
HCL Technologies
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Balaji,

With your version of product, there is not yet the feature of using random ports.

If you upgrade to latest version, you will then have this option (System-->Settings).

So, if you choose to continue using the existing version, you will have to stick to the rules of usage I last recommended as once the port is taken by an existing resource, it would not be released for other resource and that is the reason other resources cannot integrate well after one has taken the port.

Henry Li

Hi Balaji,

The port 31924 change is something on Blue Prism side..it is not something you can change with Chrome. 

Blue Prism used port 31924 to integrate with Chrome with your version of product.

Henry Li