cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism window is not displaying it's elements properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many of the elements of the most of the dialog boxes are not shown properly. They are overlapping, or being hidden. I tried changing the resolution of my laptop display but no luck. Please help. Refer to the attachment.
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
When I have seen this in the past it is because the magnifation in your operating system is not set to 100%, for some reason it has been increasted to 125% or 150%. Pop to control room, change the setting back to 100%, and Blue Prism will hopefully be back to its beautiful self again!

JuanMontero1
Level 4
Exactly what Dennis said, I have experienced the same and it's because my fonts are a bit upscaled (a lifelong in fron of computers, wearing glasses). See how to change this in: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff629368.aspx A bit of a shame BP cant handle font upscale properly.

aditya_g_kumar
Level 2
I am unable to understand item ID concept and how data from queue can be copied to an excel sheet via collection. PLEASE HELP. How to use the loop while copying ? Like how to use ""does data exist in queue"" decision and ""Is file empty"" decision. please help me with the process involved in copying....whether copying is line by line,column by column or row by row.

AndreaFrauchige
Level 3
thanks, that helped. It was really bizarre with the magnification on >100%...