cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bot Session stuck on Warning

KunalDoshi
Level 3
Hello,
I have a control room session which got stuck on Warning. I can't put any new sessions on the resource since it says it is too busy because of the session which has Warning status. I  found that the warning status is due to the "Default session warning time" setting. I set it to 0 to disable it. But now the session is now showing "Stopping" status, and it won't stop if I try to use "Immediate Stop". It is stuck on the Stopping status.

Please let me know, how I can stop this one session. I am not able to push any new sessions to the resource because of it.

------------------------------
Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

KevinMckenna
Level 3
​Here, I would go onto the VM itself and close down automate programme and restart. This will take the bot offline and restart the connection so your process in Control Room will terminate.

Kevin Mckenna
Customer Service Team Manager
BNP Paribas
Europe/London

HarshSingla
Level 3
Hi Kunal,

May I ask which version of Blue Prism you are using?
There are two ways to get rid of 'Stopping' status :
1. You can restart the run time resource on VM or Bot machine.
2. You can manually update the status of that particular session to 'Stopped' by updating it in the database.

Harsh Singla
Technology Lead
CITIZENS BANK
America/New_York

I have the same problem , but I cannot find why this happen
I have the version 6.6 And when I try to run the login process over a vm runtime resource as logged out state , the process stuck as Warning And I must to reboot the vm of the runtime resource. this happen a lot of time during the day.

Can you help me?

Orlando Javier Sanchez
Technical Infraestructure 4
Ctrl365
America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires

Hello Orlando,

In my experience, if a bot shows as stuck at "Warning" in the Control Room, it doesn't necessarily always mean that the actual run-time resource has stopped working.
It may very well continue running the automation, but the IC sometime lags to display that current information and that sync issue leads to it displaying a particular run-time resource as "Warning"

My 1st action would be to check the actual RR machine that is running the automation. If things look fine there, you might want to go back to your IC and log out of BP and log back in. Maybe that VM reboot isn't even required in the first place.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Harpreet Kaur
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Harpreet Kaur

Thanks so much I will check that!

Orlando Javier Sanchez
Technical Infraestructure 4
Ctrl365
America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires

Hi everyone,

has anyone managed to find out what was the real problem that made your RR stuck and need to restart (or just proceed to session termination/completion)? Have you find any potential solution?

Thank you

Anastasios Krapis
Senior IT Advisor
EY
Europe/London

Hello Community,

I've just faced the same issue. The process got stuck on the "Warning" status.
What if I'm not allowed to reboot the Runtime Resource by myself? (It needs elevated permissions).
How can I update the status field to "Stopped" on the database?

Thanks,
Max

Maximiliano Chalub
Automation Developer
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Maximiliano Chalub Automation Developer Buenos Aires, Argentina

Usually the Warning status happens when the Windows process that Blue Prism is working with halts the workflow in some way. You shouldn't have to restart the machine in order to get it to continue and thus respond to an Immediate Stop from Control Room. If you can remote into the machine (preferably not with RDP), you can restart the RR service or kill the Windows process that Blue Prism was working with when it got frozen.

For example, if the Warning status happened while Blue Prism was trying to click on a button in Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox, then you should be able to just close the browser and then the Blue Prism process flow should continue and throw an error etc. If you've already clicked Immediate Stop, then it should go to a Stopped state.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA