cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How License differ based on the environment

HarishM2
Level 6
Hi,

Basically the license were only consumed in Prod  environment. So how BOT differentiate the environment while consuming license for Dev,QA, UAT and Prod environment.

For all the environment we are using the same license? 

Ofcourse based on purchasing

------------------------------
Harish
RPA Developer
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Yes you're allowed to reuse the production license in lower environments for free. Contractually, the license limits the number of production processes you can run, but technically you can use it in a non-production environment too.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Thanks Carter.So how can it differentiate the license from different environment? 

Lets say I have 3 license and running  3  unattended BOTs in Prod . And at the same time  if I try to run 3 unattended BOTs in QA, Is it acceptable or it will throw error? Because I already used my max license available in  Prod

Harish
RPA Developer

The environments aren't connected. They don't monitor each other or share the pool of licenses. As John said, you can use the same license in other environments. The only time you have to be concerned about going over your limit is if you have more than one Production environment.

So, for your example, you can have 3 bots (sessions) running in Prod, 3 in QA, 3 in Dev, all simultaneously.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA