cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser mode spied elements are not working sometimes.

Lavanya.A
Level 3

Hi,

Browser mode spied elements are not working sometimes. it's working fine when login Bot server with my id but not working when login with Bot credentials.

Is there any particular reason for not working?

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Lavanya

------------------------------
Lavanya Adulapuram
2 REPLIES 2

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Lavanya,

As per your description login is working with one set of creds and isn't with the other one. In my point of view change of credentials is just updating the text values in the data items we use this should not have any impact on the Bots performance I kindly suggest you to cross verify the access of the PROD machine.

If you're having proper access then try spying the elements in UIA mode as there is a known issue with Browser mode getting failed in performing click operations sometimes. When you spy the elements in UIA mode you'll have the option of Global Mouse Click Center which will work for most of the times. There a couple of drawbacks in this approach since, UIA mode is being used the login button should always be on top of the screen and there will be a little delay in finding the target element since UIA mode uses top-down search for the element to be worked on.

Hope this helps....

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India
Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

pdixon0
Staff
Staff

Hi Lavanya

Are you able to spy the same element under your own login and again under the Bot login to be able to compare the attributes that have been recorded?

I always found that it was preferable to develop using a Bot account rather than my own personal Windows user account, and also on a machine representitave of a production machine in order to get around just this type of issue.

There shouldn't really be an issue using Browser Mode as long as it is configured correctly and you are following best practice.

Paul Dixon
Software Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Europe/London