cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C# assembly and namespace reference question

Walter.Koller
Level 11

edit: A colleague solved the issue by adding some references that didn't pop up for me when checking for errors. So I am not exactly sure why I was told to add the '... version=4.0...' reference when it eventually worked with a simple reference to System.Windows.Forms and one more reference which was not even mentioned for me.

(I didn't find a 'delete' button for this thread so I added a short update)

Hi,

We got a C# DLL from another development team that we should add to our VBO to directly use its APIs.

The DLL is located in let's say 'c:\BluePrism\DLL\myApp.dll' since we won't be able to deploy and later regularly replace this DLL in any folder with restricted access (ie c:\program files\ ; c:\windows\system...).

We have added this reference to External References in the Code Options page. 

BP then told us a specific namespace reference is missing: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xyzxyzxyz'. So we added this too, enclosed in double quotation marks. If only the namespace is used without Version=... an error message is shown when checking the code.

We created a code stage with the C# code provided to us and did a code check: no errors.

However, when we want to run the VBO, the page or even this particular code stage, BP refuses with an error message. When checking the object for errors:

23157.png

The page Initialize has Start -> End stages only. There is no Stage1 so this must refer to something internal to BP.

Error checking the code stage show no issues.

When removing the additional parameter from the namespace, this error does not show up anymore but the code stage fails because of the missing namespace reference.

Any ideas on how we can enable the usage of this DLL in BP?

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Digital / Erste Group Bank
Europe/Vienna
------------------------------

0 REPLIES 0