cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV time to weird data format

ChrisRider
Level 4

Hello,  I am given a CSV file that I am reading into a collection and then parsing the collection for the values.  One of the columns in the CSV is a time field.  An example would be "11:00:00". 

I have a calculation that assigns that field in a collection to a data item.  Example [CollectionName.start_time] gets assigned to a data item "start_time" (which is text).

Instead of "11:00:00" being assigned to start_time, it is ending up with a value like "12/30/1899 4:00:00 PM".  The customer originally was sending time as "11:00:00.00000000" - this works fine.  

Any thoughts on why this is happening?  I can ask for the other format I suppose, but really confused why it is converting it when I am basically just doing is an assignment.

------------------------------
Chris Rider
lead application analyst
E. W. Scripps
cincinnati OH
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

"First, we can proceed with changing the data type of the column in Excel before reading the data. To ensure the accuracy of the data coming from Excel in the Blue Prism collection, it is crucial that the column types and formats in the Excel worksheet conform to the column types and formats in the Blue Prism collection.

I found this thread that I believe may clarify the issue: https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/oledb-issue"

Regards

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Chris Rider,

I encountered similar issue in the past, I think  excel treat the value as date time.  To Overcome this try to use Format cell , if it doesn't work you can create a template for the column names in the excel and enforce the format in excel before bot  write the data to excel.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the Best Answer

Harish Mogulluri

"First, we can proceed with changing the data type of the column in Excel before reading the data. To ensure the accuracy of the data coming from Excel in the Blue Prism collection, it is crucial that the column types and formats in the Excel worksheet conform to the column types and formats in the Blue Prism collection.

I found this thread that I believe may clarify the issue: https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/oledb-issue"

Regards

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil