cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we trigger process from Hub Control Room Plugin?

Can we trigger the process from Hub Control Room Plugin?

------------------------------
If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Tejas,
I think it won't possible in v4.6 only schedules possible.

Ram Prasad Gajula
Tech Lead
EY
Bangalore

AbhishekKumar1
Level 5
Hi,

Well I can't find any option to run as you can see its pending but no option is there in control room to Start it.

28488.png

You can create schedules, modify but you can't run. Web based control room mainly used for monitor schedule, Queues, digital worker health but unfortunately you can't run it as far as I explored this functionality.

Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Within the Hub Control Room, the running / stopping of automations is all through Schedules currently.  We have not extended yet with the capability to run ad-hoc processes that are not modelled as a workflow within a schedule.

Background:

Schedules is probably the incorrect word to use now within Blue Prism, because it indicates it must always be run on a clock.  In reality, the vast majority of automations are modelled as a multi-task workflow where each task runs 1 (or more) Blue Prism defined RPA processes.  A Schedule is the Blue Prism concept to set that up, even though the workflow does not have to run based on a clock, as we also trigger via APIs or people selecting to "run now".

At one point during the development of Version 7, we looked to change the terminology to be more reflective of what a Schedule now is, but for consistency, we choose to keep the current terminology (for now).

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Thanks, Chris for clarifying that.

We can't run an ad-hoc process directly for now but we can clone, and modify existing schedules to make a process run directly from Hub without going to BP.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

Hello @Tejaskumar_Darji

That's right.

My question back is: Why do you want to run ad-hoc individual processes?

Reason for asking:

• Knowing "why" helps us to better understand why you (and other customers) require a capability so we can deliver better solutions in future.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Hi Chris,

There are scenarios where we need to run some maintenance process and they are not on a specified scheduled time. Depending on real-time conditions we run them.

Also, users may want to run it in an ad-hoc manner in a lower environment considering that Hub would not be just used for Prod environments on a large scale.

So having an option to run in an ad-hoc manner similar to what we do in BP Control Room would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

Thank you @Tejaskumar_Darji ​​

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism