Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging Host is killed with error "Unkown browser type"

HongJooChoi
Staff
Staff
Hi, Community

We've upgraded BP from v6.8.1 to v7.0.1 but the browser extension was not installed.
Assuming that it's related with some policies, we changed some registries such as blockedlist, allowed list and then manually re-installed the extension.

The browser extension is installed now, but it doesn't work properly. The Messaging Host is invoked when the browser is launched, but for some reasons, it's killed soon after that. We extracted the extension log and it says,

"ERROR BluePrism MessagingHost Program System NotSupportedException: Unknown browser type"

Have anyone seen this type of error? Is there any way to troubleshoot this?

17647.png

Regards

------------------------------
HongJoo Choi
5 REPLIES 5

Neel1
MVP
Hello @HongJooChoi,
i am using v7.0.0. We do not face the issue as described by you. but i think the ideal situation is :-Native messaging host to run when BP interact with Browser and it get closed when browser is closed.

we are  sometime facing issue when native messaging host continues to run even when the browser is closed. to counter this we are stopping the NMH process before starting to work on browser.

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

Hi, Neeraj

Thanks for the response.

In our case, it is not like the NMH fails to stop when the browser is closed.
From the beginning, the browser extension had to be installed manually because it was blocked by group policy.
And then, the NMH came up when the browser was invoked and in a few seconds, went down by itself with the browser still live.
(phenomenically, looks like it's being killed by something else)

Hope someone have an answer to this issue.

Regards

HongJoo Choi

Hi @HongJooChoi,

Have you already been able to troubleshoot this issue? 
We have just ​upgraded BP to V7.1 and are also seeing the MessagingHost application is being started and directly killed after that.

With kind regards,

Arthur Philippa
RPA Developer
Port of Rotterdam
Europe/Amsterdam

Hi, Arthur

Yes, we have done it.
It will be highly likely about the policy issues. not only in my case also when seeing the other cases posted in this community.

Best regards

HongJoo Choi

Hi @HongJoo Choi,

Thanks for coming back to me!

We also have been able to resolve our issues. For us the fix was to grant our robot workers access to CMD.
Do not know why the messaging host application needs to use CMD to successfully work? But access to CMD has resolved our issue.

With kind regards,​

Arthur Philippa
RPA Developer
Port of Rotterdam
Europe/Amsterdam