cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant delete a file while running process from control room

sonuiiml
Level 5

HI Team, Good Day! I am facing one weird issue. So there is requirement to process saved .msg files located in various folders and delete it once done. Everything works fine but the delete file is not working when I am running the process through control room or by scheduling. I have checked permissions. The account we use to virtually login with login agent does have modify read write execute permission. In fact when i run the same process logging through the same user from process studio, the deletion operation is working absolutely fine. Any pointers anyone?

3 REPLIES 3

Jrwork
Level 5

It appears that you are experiencing a permissions or execution context issue when trying to delete .msg files when the process is run from the scheduler or control room. Here are some suggestions for investigating and possibly resolving the issue:

Check the Execution Context:

Confirm that the process run by the scheduler or control room is running in the same user context as when run manually. Sometimes the scheduler may use a different account or have a more restrictive permissions context.
System Permissions:

Even if the file permissions appear correct, check for any special or system instructions that may be preventing the deletion when the process runs automatically.
File Path Check:

Make sure the path to the .msg files is correct and accessible by the scheduler or control room execution context. There may be differences in network paths or mappings.

david.l.morris
Level 14

Do you get a specific error message? Or does it simply not delete the file without any error message?

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

sonuiiml
Level 5

Hi Team. Thanks for the solutions. @david.l.morris The error message it showed something like, the file was openened by another user. But There was stage to close that .msg file before deleting it and after processing. Still it was there. I tried with another way and its kind of working. That is before deleting and processing the file I added an extra stage that would open the folder where the file is kept using utiilty environment variable. It did worked but I am going to keep an eye for next subsequent runs