cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture 2.1 | Unable to Import the Process Flow through .json file

RamaseshanSubr1
Level 3

Hi Team,

I'm unable to import any process flow into the Capture 2.1 using .json file. PFA video for reference

Could you please check and let me know if there is any bug in the current version 2.1?

Note : It is getting loaded for very long time and no response. I have to close the capture and re-open the application

------------------------------
Ramaseshan Subramani
3 REPLIES 3

RhysLintern
Staff
Staff
Hi Ramaseshan,

How large is the process you are trying to load?
With changes to the database in how images are handled, it's likely this is the culprit. With larger processes it takes time to process through the images and save to the database. Please see https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/capture-2-1/en-us/install/image-storage.htm for further details.

Thanks,
Rhys

Rhys Lintern
Product Owner
Blue Prism

andrew.beard
Staff
Staff

Hi Ramaseshan,

I had the same problem and was able to overcome it by:

1) Uninstall Capture 2.1
2) I manually deleted the C:\Users\Andrew Beard\AppData\Local\Programs\Capture folder (or wherever you installed the file)
3) Delete comtypes_cachefolder from: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp (removing this file was recommended if encountering a Javascript error on startup so I figured it was worth a try).
4) Re_install Capture 2.1

I was then able to successfully import a process flow. Just be mindful that as Rhys pointed out you may have to wait a short while (10 secs in my case) for the images and flow to load.

I'm not familiar with the technical side of Capture, so I suggest backing up any files that you're deleting.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew Beard
Senior Consultant
Blue Prism
Australia/Melbourne

@RhysLintern - Thanks for your response. This is just a simple process having lesser than 10 steps in it. So it should not be a problem.

@Andrew Beard - I will try to make the changes and keep you posted on the outcome. Thanks!​

Ramaseshan Subramani