cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check to see if Credentials are Locked failed

Stephen
Level 3
Hi Community, I have a series of 8 credentials in the Blue Prism Credential Manager and a process which first checks if a lock is held against this credential, then checks if it can successfully acquire a lock (token) from the credential and only when it passes both checks, will it lock and use the supplied credential. The problem is that both checks are failing. We are having a credential that is used by one VDI able to be accessed by another resulting in multiple bots using the same log in credential. We have seen this issue with 3 VDIs and have been able to replicate it across systems. We are using the Environment Locking VBO (Query Lock Action) and for the Lock Held Check and Environment Locking (Acquire Lock Action) for the Acquire lock action. Does anyone have any idea why this may be the case? I find it especially strange that two checks to see if a credential is currently in use are both failing. Thanks in Advanced.
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Stephen - I wonder if the time gap between Query and Acquire could be the problem? Also, and I'm sure you've checked this, but is there any chance that process1 is not in possession of lock1 while it is using cred1? For example, could process1 terminate, thus releasing lock1, but leave the app still logged in as the account in cred1? How about ditching Query Lock and just using Acquire? Only if the process acquires the lock, is it allowed to get the credential. The process must retain the lock until it logs out.