cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese characters displayed as Question marks

Srikanthabburu
Level 3
When I execute get worksheet as collection it is giving me ? marks instead of Chinese characters from Excel   The  characters are displayed as Chinese in Excel but in Blue Prism they are ? marks. Any solution for this?
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
While I didn't test these hypotheses, this is either an encoding issue or a display one. If it is a display issue, then the data is there and you can use it, but the font Blue Prism is using cannot display the characters. To check this, verify the following: Try to enter Chinese characters in the collection's display Try to copy the question marks from Blue Prism and paste them into a different location. Ensure that the other location is using the same font as Excel. If it is an encoding issue, then the data on clipboard cannot be converted to the encoding Blue Prism uses, so you actually lose data. This would be weird, because: Get Worksheet As Collection is using this line of code to get the contents, which is getting data in an UTF-16 encoding Dim data As String = Clipboard.GetDataObject().GetData(DataFormats.UnicodeText, True) Strings are most likely stored UTF-16 as well. For encoding issues, you may try these other options: Clipboard.GetText(): it is supposed to do the same, it works for me with Cyrillic and Greek characters (which is why you may be dealing with a display issue) OLEDB may also work.