cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome Extension removed automatically

Hi Team,

Any one facing issue like chrome extension removed automatically from browser.
I am facing this issue from last 15 days with BPV6.6 only in chrome browser. In the meantime  firefox extension is always there.

I checked with our security team it's fine from there end. But it is working fine in my Development server, so issue is only in my local desktop.

If any one aware about the issue then please let me now.

Note:-
I am using Latest version Chrome and the same version is working fine in my server and in another laptop as well.
So it's not browser issue. It may be security issue from my system side or may be blue prism extension issue from chrome.

Any Help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Siddheshwar Kore there is  a trick solve it. If your extension removed automatically, then add the extension from chrome store or a link provided by blueprism for direct chrome store. Then it will not be removed from browser try and let me know if any questions.​

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi @_Amlansahoo

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately the environment is not connected by internet hence I would not be able to use this method. I perhaps think it is a group policy that is removing the extension. However would like to know detailed steps to whitelist the same​.

Siddheshwar Kore

Faced a similar issue.

Found a group policy of ours which forces the install of a security plug in.

However it also uninstalls any other plugins not specifically lists (like Blue Prism)

​Group Policy>Google Chrome/Extensions>Configure the list of force-install apps and extensions.

Monitor the Reg Keys below.

Should see one for Blue Prism (use to start with "napd...") but may have changed.

Then see if running a gpupdate / force removes it.

Or Get the extension working again (reinstall) then write a script which monitors those reg keys to see when it is removed.

And look thought the Windows event logs to see what may have been the cause.

Registry Hive HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Registry Path Software\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallForcelist
Bugarsky & Navarro, LLC