cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome Object - Not working via Control Room

MohammedUvaish
Level 2

Hello Everyone, 

I have come across a situation that my Object built on chrome runs fine in Debug mode . It works in the process too , if i manually open the process and Speed up and Run . 

But when i run the process via control room , the Chrome object just launches but its not able to identify any elements over the Chrome window and fails

------------------------------
Mohammed Uvaish
RPA Manager
Ernst & Young
Europe/Brussels
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

SamAssaf
Level 3
Hi Mohammed,

I've encountered similar issues. Sometimes it can take a couple of seconds for the Blue Prism plugin to start working properly. Running through the control room is in fact much faster than even the fastest debug speed. In general, a throttle of a couple of seconds after launching Chrome should fix your problem. I opted for a more robust solution though.

I developed a custom object that uses UIA to verify that the plugin is loaded (by detecting its icon), and tries to wait a few times for the <html> tag. If it repeatedly fails, then we know that the plugin isn't loading and that we have to restart Chrome.

The reason I use multiple sequential short wait stages instead of one long one is because even if the plugin starts working after the Wait stage has started, it still won't find the element. You have to restart the Wait stage for it to work.

I hope this helps! Please reach out if you need more information.

Sam Assaf
Senior
EY
Montreal QC

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

HI Mohammed,

Which version Blue Prism tool you are using. If it's less than 6.8 then either you can run from control room or from process studio. Blue prism does not close open port automatically. So you may need to restart machine. Make sure no one else login to the same server where you are running the process.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

SamAssaf
Level 3
Hi Mohammed,

I've encountered similar issues. Sometimes it can take a couple of seconds for the Blue Prism plugin to start working properly. Running through the control room is in fact much faster than even the fastest debug speed. In general, a throttle of a couple of seconds after launching Chrome should fix your problem. I opted for a more robust solution though.

I developed a custom object that uses UIA to verify that the plugin is loaded (by detecting its icon), and tries to wait a few times for the <html> tag. If it repeatedly fails, then we know that the plugin isn't loading and that we have to restart Chrome.

The reason I use multiple sequential short wait stages instead of one long one is because even if the plugin starts working after the Wait stage has started, it still won't find the element. You have to restart the Wait stage for it to work.

I hope this helps! Please reach out if you need more information.

Sam Assaf
Senior
EY
Montreal QC