cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to spy Tree Structure in Java Mode

veerni_jnana_br
Level 2
Hi,

I am facing issue with Java based web application, I have enabled JAB also.
I need to click a dropdown in a table last row, After clicking that dropdown I will get a tree structure which I need to click multiple elements in that tree. But I was unable to spy that tree structure. Remaining all elements in that page are spying and highlighting properly but only that dropdown and Tree is not spying.

I have tried to spy with AA and UI spy mode but I was unable to spy any element with those modes.

Please help with this.

Thanks in Advance

------------------------------
veerni jnana brahma teja
program analyst
cognizant
Asia/Kolkata
5 REPLIES 5

LucaValente
Staff
Staff
Hi,

Unfortunately it's pretty common that some elements of Java applications are not exposed via JAB. The first suggestion is to try the "Application Navigator" when you try to identify the element (click on the dropdown next to the Identify button on the Application Modeller): you might be able to find the tree structure elements in there. If not, I would suggest to navigate the treeview using SendKeys ( https://portal.blueprism.com/documents/guide-send-keys-and-send-key-events 😞 tree structures are usually easy to navigate using arrows.

Luca Valente
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
America/New_York

Hi Valante,

Thanks for your response, I have tried with application navigator. But I cannot get any information about tree structure also checked with "descendtree" option from Application modeller, still facing the same issue. And I have tested with navigating the treeview using Sendkeys also the tree is not expanding when I checked using arrows.

I am facing one more issue like, when I try to spy a dropdown list in Java mode as it is spying correctly, But when I highlighted It is not highlighting and showing an error like "No matching java elements found".

May I Know, what will be the reason for this error.

Kindly help with this.

Thanks
veerni jnana brahma teja
program analyst
cognizant
Asia/Kolkata

The "No matching java elements found" issue can be probably solved using the "Match Index" attribute, which is not set by default when you spy an element. There might be multiple elements using the same set of attributes and that's the reason of that error message: you need to tell BP which one you want to use, and the "Match Index" attribute should help.

Re: the sendkeys: have you tried to use "enter" to expand the tree node? I would suggest to play with the treeview manually on the target application and see what combinations of keys can be used to navigate it. If nothing works, you should consider to use Surface Automation/Region Mode, to find the folder you want to expand/open and then send a "mouse click" or "double mouse click" over it.

Luca Valente
Blue Prism
America/New_York

HI Valente,

I appreciate your response.

Re : "No matching java elemets found" I've tried with Match Index. But still the dropdown list is not highlighting. Also facing the same issue with "Dropdown Push button".

Thanks,
Pavan S

veerni jnana brahma teja
program analyst
cognizant
Asia/Kolkata

Unfortunately t's difficult to understand where the issues are without a deeper assessment of your Java Application. Again, you should consider the use of Surface Automation/Region Mode if nothing else works.

Luca Valente
Blue Prism
America/New_York