cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning [BPAAuditEvents] table

AlejandroSchiap
Level 2
Hi, is there a way of cleaning [BPAAuditEvents] table? It seems to be bothering performance
we have automatic archiving set to delete all logs permanently. 
Does this cover this table? 

the v6 Data Sheet - Maintaining a Blue Prism Database Server.pdf only says: 

Audit Logs
There is currently no in-product mechanism for deleting audit logs. The tables are generally quite small and grow slowly, except for the inclusion of historic versions of process and business objects
thanks
4 REPLIES 4

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Alejandro,

To address your question, automatic archiving does not cover the BPAAuditEvents table. However, we in Support have a set of example SQL "Housekeeping Scripts" (see KB link for more info) we can provide in a Support ticket upon request. One of these scripts, 'trim-process-history.sql', can trim the process history data in the BPAAuditEvents table and uses a threshold of when the audit record was created. As a result, the user will not be able to compare / view old processes in the process history, but the Audit Events will remain.

If you'd like to request these example scripts, please open a Support ticket with us and we'll be happy to provide them.

AlejandroSchiap
Level 2
hi
I don t know why I can not requestion or answer Steve
Link to housekeeping scripts is not working 
I need a script to clean the table (growing up) - can I get it with a ticket too? 

I have the Concepts of archiving data in Blue Prism and Housekeeping Script Descriptions.pdf  (from 2017) and some scripts including "trim-process-history.sql"
do they work in V6 or I need new ones? 
thanks

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Alejandro,

You'll want to ensure you're logged into the Portal before accessing the Knowledge Base link provided ( http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1195906632 ).

I would suggest to request the latest versions of the scripts in a Support ticket to ensure they're up-to-date.

EVIPUTI
MVP
@AlejandroSchiap
You can also use the command line to achieve the same and create a scheduled process or put it in windows scheduler to archive\delete audit logs for you once a week.
AutomateC.exe/archive/sso/age 3m
AutomateC.exe /archive /sso /age 3m /delete
AutomateC.exe /archive /sso /age 1w >> myoutput.txt  ​
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------