cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Collections

JonathanHolstin
Level 5
I have two collections that I need combined and added to a queue.  What is the best approach to do this?  

1)  Combine the collections into one new collection and then add to queue?  If so does someone have an example or guidance on this?
2)  Is there a way to add to queue without first combining into a new collection?

Thanks!

------------------------------
Jonathan Holstine
Systems Accountant
Interior Business Center
America/Denver
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

SutirthaGupta
Level 4
Hi,

It will be good to make a single collection by joining the two collection into a one and then put it inside the queue.
You can do this using following ways,

1. BP Loop.. ( It will take too much time if the collections are big)
2. Code stage .. ( using LinQ, time will be less and readable)
3. If both the values are in the same excel then u can use sql queries to join them. ( time will be same but with very high volume of data it may give you, 'Out of memory exception)

If you need any more details let me know.
Regards
Sutirtha Gupta
TCS

------Original Message------

I have two collections that I need combined and added to a queue.  What is the best approach to do this?  

1)  Combine the collections into one new collection and then add to queue?  If so does someone have an example or guidance on this?
2)  Is there a way to add to queue without first combining into a new collection?

Thanks!

Jonathan Holstine
Systems Accountant
Interior Business Center
America/Denver

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SutirthaGupta
Level 4
Hi,

It will be good to make a single collection by joining the two collection into a one and then put it inside the queue.
You can do this using following ways,

1. BP Loop.. ( It will take too much time if the collections are big)
2. Code stage .. ( using LinQ, time will be less and readable)
3. If both the values are in the same excel then u can use sql queries to join them. ( time will be same but with very high volume of data it may give you, 'Out of memory exception)

If you need any more details let me know.
Regards
Sutirtha Gupta
TCS

------Original Message------

Thanks!

Jonathan Holstine
Systems Accountant
Interior Business Center
America/Denver

Hi John,
I believe my question posted to two different forums.

Thanks,

Jon

Jonathan Holstine
Systems Accountant
Interior Business Center
America/Denver