cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Prompt

CharishmaAgaram
Level 5
Hi All I am not able to enter any commands like "ipconfig" in command prompt. I have used utility- start process to open cmd application. Attached to an existing instance of 'cmd.exe', spied the full window, and used the Global Send Keys function (in a Navigate stage) to send the command line(ipconfig). But its not working. I am getting error. Please help me out to enter commands in command prompt.
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, I think you are missing part of the point of the utility - Start Process action. As well as using it to start an application, you can use it to do any command line command. So in this instance you should be using it to perform ipconfig rather than using it to start a new command line window. If you use Start Process and in the application parameter pass in ipconfig and in the arguments parameter pass through parameters to divert output to a text file - for example ""> C:\Temp\Output.txt"" , you will end up with a text file containing the IPConfig output. You can then use other utility objects to read in a text file into a data item.

I have tried this idea and for some reason, it opens up the command prompt, but will not write anything. I am essentially trying to run an unzip command.

------------------------------
Chelsae Cameron

Try using Utility - Windows Compressed File VBO to extract zip files.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture