cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence API

AmruthaSivaraja
Level 4
Hi Team,

I got a requirement to perform download, delete, update values in file and upload the same excel file in the confluence page as we don't have any other document sharing platforms apart from confluence. I was checking the BP community and digital exchange for any existing utilities/VBO that will help us to build the automation as per the best practices and effective approach. However in ui-path they have a built in activity which will perform all these actions (Activity demo - https://youtu.be/9ywBgq496tM). But I couldn't find any such components/utilities in blue prism eco-system.

It would be really helpful if you can share any of your experience/insights to access the confluence through API. So that I can refer and configure the web services in BP environment accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

23652.png

------------------------------
Amrutha Sivarajan
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Amrutha, 

I haven't done it yet as it is not required in my organization (and I lack the time for it, to be honest), but I was planning on creating a process which would crawl through our Bot Folders, fetch documentation and update the respective Confluence page through the Confluence Rest API. Here is the documentation: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-server-rest-api/

For the configuration inside Blue Prism, as you mentioned, use the appropriate headers when setting up the Web Service/API in Blue Prism itself (they are detailed on the API Documentation).

Hope this helps.

Ramón Requena López
RPA Developer
Magenta Telekom

@Amrutha Sivarajan,

Please note that Confluence does have two different REST APIs:

Make sure you pick the correct one based on your specific environment. Also, if you need to be able to download files from Confluence, I would build an integration with the specific REST API as a VBO in Blue Prism using either the Utility - HTTP VBO for connectivity or a Code stage.​ The reason I would suggest a VBO over the Web API Service feature is that the Web API Service feature doesn't support downloading binary files. It only works with text-based files.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange