cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to MYSQL

NitinGarg
Level 3
Hi, I need to connect to MYSQL DB to query and update tables. Has anyone worked with it? Is there anything inbuilt available in BP for this? What details are required and how can we configure it? Thanks....
5 REPLIES 5

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi You can use BPA Object - Data - OLEDB.xml to interact with MySQL. BPA Object - Data - OLEDB.xml can be imported from ""C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\VBO"". Hope this helps.

NitinGarg
Level 3
can u specify the exact connection string to be used and what else need to be installed like ODBC driver etc..???

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I think you will need to do some research yourself about the connection string and drivers you need for your database. The ODBC drivers will be specific for your database and windows OS, and they are usually downloadable from the database vendor.

SandeepKutwal
Level 4
Hi All, Tried lot to find an OLE DB provider for MySQL , but I guess there are no official OLE DB connector available for MySQL which we can use along with BPA Object - Data - OLEDB.xml Is there any other option/suggestions to connect to MySQL database and execute select & update queries using visual basic code ? Thanks.

AleksandraKukla
Level 2
@sandeepk have you find the way to connect with mysql database through ole db ?